At Napier’s Home Improvement, we strive to excel in quality products and services. We have the best roofing contractors in the Detroit area.
Whether you need residential or roof repairs, new construction roofing, tear offs, re-roofing, roof inspections, leak detection, roofing maintenance, and/or roof ventilation; our expert contractors will give you the quality service you deserve, guaranteed!
There are some things to look for that indicates your roof needs to be repaired or replaced:
- Leakage in the attic after wind-driven rain or ice build-up
- Peeling or blistering of interior or exterior paint
- Stains, mold and/or mildew on the interior ceiling and walls
- Curled, missing or cracked shingles
COMMON TYPES OF ROOFS
TIPS TO CONSIDER WHEN HIRING A CONTRACTOR
- Get all estimates in detailed writing, including cost breakdown of supplies, number of layers to be removed and the shingle name and color.
- Be sure to get references and contact at least 3 of them.
- Make sure the building permit is pulled in the contractors’ name.
- Get pricing for unforeseen problems that may arise, such as rotted wood.
- Always inform the contractor of any previous or existing roof problems.
- Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Make sure your contractor is licensed, insured or bonded.
- Contractors should also have liability insurance and a workers’ compensation certificate.
- Ask to see licenses and make sure they are valid.
- Ask about shingle manufacturer’s product line and warranty.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions and never pay for the entire job up-front.
- Make sure you get the company’s full name and address.
- Be sure to ask what is the company’s workmanship warranty.
- Find out from referrals how the company solves customer complaints.